The Virtual Power Plant (VPP) menu is the control interface for Generac Home Standby equipment owners enrolled in a VPP program through their local energy service provider.
Locate the Virtual Power Plant Menu
- Sign into your Mobile Link account.
- Select the generator tile on the dashboard.
- Select Virtual Power Plant.
|Event In Progress||The home standby equipment is being used to ease load on the grid|
|Opted Out Of Event||The home standby owner chose not to participate in a VPP event|
|Event Completed||A historical record of a past VPP event that leveraged the owner's home standby equipment|
|Event Canceled||A scheduled event was not run|
|Generator stopped||The generator ceased operation during an event|
Events show the Status, Date, Time and Duration when home standby equipment was used to participate in the Virtual Power Plant program. During an event, utility power is disconnected and the generator takes over. Events typically last between 30 minutes to 4 hours, but durations will vary by program and will be specified in the program terms.
Opt Out of An Event
Participants can choose to opt out during an event, or in anticipation of an upcoming event.
- Navigate to the Virtual Power Plant menu to locate upcoming or in-progress events.
- Select OPT OUT OF EVENT.
- Confirm by checking the box and clicking YES, I'M SURE.
Text & Email Notifications
Text notifications can be sent when an event has been scheduled or started. Event scheduling notifications will state the time and duration of the event. These notifications will contain a link that will open the VPP events menu in the Mobile Link phone app or web site.
Change Virtual Power Plant Notification Settings in Mobile Link
- Click the account owner name and then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- Click NOTIFICATIONS under Account Information.
- Expand notification options for a generator by clicking the down arrow.
- Select the gear icon next to Email Preferences or Text/SMS Preferences.
- Toggle Virtual Power Plant notifications ON or OFF. Click SAVE.