The process of connecting a generator to an available Wi-Fi network includes a step of entering the password for the Wi-Fi network to which the generator should be connected. In some scenarios, the generator may display an indication of WRONG PASSCODE.
There are two potential reasons why the error message may display.
- The WIFI network password was entered incorrectly.
To solve this, please verify the password and reattempt the connection process. Internet Service Providers tend to put a sticker on the side of the router with the password (keep in mind not all scenarios or providers) (If password was changed outside of the provider password that was set up, you will need to log into your router to determine password).
On your mobile device, you can try to "FORGET" your WIFI network, then try to reconnect to the same WIFI network with same password. If the password is correct, continue troubleshooting. If it does not reconnect on your phone then you should review router settings or contact the ISP.
- The Wi-Fi signal strength is too weak to communicate the full length of the password.
If the password displays as incorrect when the password has been verified to be correct, it may be due weak Wi-Fi signal prohibiting the generator from fully communicating the password information in order to connect to the network. In order to solve this, the wireless router may have to be relocated closer to the generator. Alternatively, a Wi-Fi Signal Booster can be purchased and installed within range of the generator and router.
Note: In some cases, longer network passwords can cause this error to occur in low signal strength scenarios. If possible to do so, shortening the length of the Wifi Network password can sometimes allow the password to be accepted even in low signal strength environments.
- Setup a Hotspot on your Mobile device and try to connect your generator to that versus your home network. (using your phone as a router to test the connection)
- Once you have verified the Hotspot is working, try to send a PING Communication to our server to verify the systems are linked.
How To Send a Ping communication from your Generator through Mobile Link Device
- If the PING was successful, then you may need to purchase an extender or review your router settings.
- If the PING is not successful, then you may have something wrong with your generator and you should contact support at the number below.