Prepare your generator for FIRST TIME WIFI Connection:
- Unlock and raise the Lid of the generator
- Lift the panel straight up one inch and then tip top edge toward you.
- Lift the panel off.
- Locate the WIFI and Model Serial Number stickers and take a picture for future reference.
- Locate the Control panel and press the RED OFF button
- Press ESC and SYSTEM should be flashing
- Press down arrow two times and SETUP WIFI should flash, press Enter.
- Setup WIFI screen will show - ensure YES is displayed and press Enter
- The control panel screen will now say SET TO AP, PLEASE WAIT.
- Within in a few minutes, the screen will change to SETUP WIFI NOW, Display MLG Network and begin a 30 min countdown timer.
- Now complete the instructions below in the app.
NOTE: If you struggle with getting the controller to say SETUP WIFI NOW, there is more than likely a problem with the WIFI device installation, review installation or contact your dealer.
Begin connection process:
- Click on Connect a Device button on the landing page (above):
- Choose: On-Board Wi-Fi if the generator was shipped with a WIFI device or you received a WIFI KIT. If you purchased the WIFI/ Ethernet accessory, choose WIFI/ ETHERNET.
- The next screen will instruct you to go to their generator with the key, mobile phone and wi-fi password.
4. Connect to their generator:
- iOS: The user will then need to go into their Wi-Fi settings and choose the MLG network
- Android: The user should automatically connect to the MLG network
- Select a Wireless Network: this is the home internet/wireless network. Select the correct network and enter the password
NOTE: Good idea to click the "eye" icon next to PASSWORD to verify the password before you click connect.
Connecting: The Mobile Link User needs to select “Join” on these 2 screens that will pop up next while the generator is connecting.
Success: When the generator is connected the user will see this screen.
COMPLETING SETUP AT CONTROL PANEL
- The control panel should say NOW CONNECTED, press enter to continue
- Signal strength will display, should be at least 15% signal strength or higher, press enter
- Time zone will display, if it say please select hour, just wait. The time zone should be displayed shortly, press enter again.
- You will be back to signal strength screen, Press Up arrow two times to arrive at PING screen. Press Enter.
- Within a few minutes, you will have PING SUCCESS! This verifies that the WIFI connection is communicating with our servers.
- Press ESC two times.
- When system is flashing, press enter.
- Screen will display switch to off - Hours of Protection
- Press AUTO button, placing back into READY TO RUN.
For the new mobile link account, you will need the Serial Number and STA MAC from the picture you took of the labels from inside your generator to register.