Please also refer to the Mobile Link Accessories page!
The Mobile Link™ Wi-Fi / Ethernet accessory easily connects to a home network wirelessly through an available Wi-Fi network or directly through a wired Ethernet connection. This local network delivers fast download speeds automatic system upgrades and delivery of generator condition notifications.
WIFI: Wireless Signal broadcasting from your router, which is device most likely provided by your Internet Service Provider.
Ethernet: requires a physical cable connection to the same router.
NOTE: The Mobile Link Wi-Fi/Ethernet Accessory cannot have simultaneous WiFi and Ethernet client connections, you must choose one or the other.
Mobile Link Wi-Fi/Ethernet Accessory:
The Mobile Link Wi-Fi/Ethernet Accessory offers connectivity through either WiFi (signal) or Ethernet (cable). The connectivity settings for both interfaces are configured through the Mobile Link Application. The features are not plug and play, they require configuration and so please have a mobile device available to walk to the generator for initial setup or reconnection to your device.
- What you will need:
- Ethernet: An ethernet cable long enough to reach the generator, and connected to the Internet Source - router or modem. Make sure you have enough cable to reach your generator without the cord being a trip hazard or too tight.
- WIFI: The WIFI access point name and password.
- Enclosure Keys: as you will need to have access to the inside of your generator, if you are not comfortable or do not have the keys, please contact your local Generac Certified dealer for assistance.
- Smart device: phone or tablet with internet access; you will need to download the Mobile Link for Generator app to this device in order to walk through the setup procedures.
- By default, both interfaces, WiFi and Ethernet, are disabled. This means you must walk through the mobile link setup procedures through the Mobile Link for Generators APP, so the accessory can be enabled.
- Unlike other Ethernet connections, our Ethernet device will only blink one green light on the connection port. Ensure the device and cable are connected and communicating before you walk through the app. You will get an error if the CABLE IS NOT DETECTED.
1. Open app, choose CONNECT A DEVICE
2. Choose WIFI/ ETHERNET
3. Choose WIRED
4. If you the device is connected then you should see ETHERNET CONNECTED screen, click NEXT
(IF the owner has a STATIC IP, have them choose ADVANCED SETTINGS and enter in the network information)
5. The owner should be able to logon to their Mobile Link account.
See graphics below
If you need additional assistance please contact our Customer Support team.