The root cause of the Ready to Run messages repeating is due to the Mobile Link Ethernet or LTE Accessory rebooting to re-establish a connection (or the control panel itself). Each time your device reboots and comes back online it delivers the last message received from the controller. In most cases, the last message was READY TO RUN but this could be a repeat of WARNING, MAINTANENCE or ERRORS. Most cases the device will establish a new connection and the repeat notifications will stop.
Note: The repeat Ready to Run messages will not effect your generators ability to run in the event of a power outage. But this will effect notifications and the status history.
There are two main issues:
- The device is not getting enough battery power and is rebooting to reestablish connection.
- The device is not getting a strong enough signal to the WIFI or cellular tower and rebooting will reestablish connectivity.
In most cases, there would be correlating BATTERY PROBLEM or LOW BATTERY messages with these repeat Ready to Run messages. Either replace your battery at the generator or contact your dealer for review. See your generators manual for replacing the battery or other battery maintenance.
WIFI or Cellular signal strength needs to be at a certain consistent strength for the device to communicate properly. If the signal strength dips too low the device will reboot to try to reestablish a new connection. This is the most common reason the LTE devices will reboot is due to poor cellular connection in the area of the generator. We recommend at the bare minimum 30 % or higher for signal strength for Wi-Fi (LTE signal please reference link below). The lower the signal, the more issues you may experience.
- Try working to improve the signal the device is seeing
- If LTE please adjust antenna to move towards the closest tower (runs on Verizon Network, please check local maps for towers)
- If WIFI please move router closer and/or install an extender to help pull signal further. Verify and look into any signal blockers to see if they can be adjusted and/or moved to provide better line of site and less to potentially block signal
- If the messages happen to be related to an Event, for instance, maintenance, the only way to fix this is to run the generator in Manual and then back to AUTO and it will clear the most recent event from the controller.