The root cause of the Ready to Run messages repeating is due to the Mobile Link Ethernet or LTE Accessory rebooting to re-establish a connection. Each time your device reboots and comes back online it delivers a communication to Mobile Link that the device is Ready To Run.
Note: The repeat Ready to Run messages will not affect your generators ability to run in the event of a power outage. Unless there are additional Faults, or Warnings that are appearing with these messages.
There are two main issues:
- The device is not getting enough battery power and is rebooting to reestablish connection.
- The device is not getting a strong enough signal to the WIFI or cellular tower and rebooting will reestablish connectivity.
In most cases, there would be correlating BATTERY PROBLEM or LOW BATTERY messages with these repeat Ready to Run messages. Either replace your battery at the generator or contact your dealer for review. See your generators manual for replacing the battery or other battery maintenance.
WIFI or Cellular signal strength needs to be at a certain consistent strength for the device to communicate properly. If the signal strength dips too low the device will reboot to try to reestablish a new connection. This is the most common reason the LTE devices will reboot is due to poor cellular connection in the area of the generator.
1. You could possibly try pointing the antennas in a different direction to increase the opportunity for a better signal.
2. If the messages happen to be related to an Event, for instance, maintenance, the only way to fix this is to run the generator in Manual and then back to AUTO and it will clear the most recent event from the controller.
3. In some instances, a call to your dealer to replace the device is recommended but if the signal strength is low, then all devices could show similar results.