The Mobile Link Ethernet device offers a wireless and wired solution to connect the generator to Mobile Link. The static IP setup is available during the wired setup, which will display as ADVANCED there will be an advanced setup section available that allows a static IP to be entered.
Preparation for Wired Ethernet Setup:
- Setup your ethernet cable and have the connection active before you go to the generator to setup.
- Ensure the cable reaches your generator and does not create a trip hazard. The cable should also be loose to connect to the device.
- Connect the Ethernet Device based on installation guide to the controller and battery using the harness included with the device.
- Download and install the "Mobile Link for Generators" app to a phone or tablet (available for Android and Apple devices)
- This setup will take place at your generator, be prepared to open the lid of your generator, you will need to have the keys to your generator cover if locked.
- Make sure you have your Network information:
- Static IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- DNS Server
NOTE: Mobile Link Customer support will not be able to assist in providing this information, please talk to your IT professional or ISP before calling customer support.
For this process you will need to walk to your generator. If you haven't already, please unlock and lift the cover of the generator. Take a picture of the WIFI and Generator Labels located on the inside of your generator cover. This will be used to setup your Mobile Link account after the connection is completed.
Follow-up after Setup
- Make sure you ensure the control panel is running in AUTO.
- Close the lid of your generator and lock it if you so desire
- Keep the keys, and picture of wifi/ generator stickers in a safe space for future access.
- Logon to https://app.mobilelinkgen.com or your Mobile Link for Generators app to check the status of your generator.
Please sign in to leave a comment.