In some cases we may have more than one generator and/or are monitoring a generator for someone else. With mobile link you can add more than one generator, but each generator does require its own subscription.
In this article you will find:
ADD A HOME STANDBY GENERATOR
- Login into your Mobile Link Account - https://app.mobilelinkgen.com
- Choose the ADD PRODUCT button.
- Choose ADD HOME STANDBY GENERATOR
- Enter the Generator Serial Number, click CONTINUE
- Enter the NAME OF THE GENERATOR (this can be updated at a later date), click CONTINUE.
- Verify the address of the home standby generator; if your home address and your second generator are located at different addresses, uncheck the box next to "use account address" and then enter the address where the generator is located.
- Verify the information and click on ENROLL THIS HOME STANDBY GENERATOR if there are errors please click CANCEL and start over.
- SUCCESS You enrolled your generator:
ENROLL A COMMUNICATION DEVICE:
NOTE: Your generator will have either Onboard WIFI (shipped with geneator) or an connectivity accessory - LTE or Ethernet WIFI. The device will come with a MAC address for Onboard WIFI or a Serial Number for LTE or Ethernet. Also note the steps of enrolling your generator and enrolling a communication device can happen at seperate times but your generator can not be monitored by Mobile Link until the communication device is added.
Adding after enrolling generator
- Choose ENROLL A COMMUNICATION DEVICE
- Choose the DEVICE TYPE, choose CONFIRM
- Enter the MAC ADDRESS or Serial Number, based on the device you are adding. (in this example
- Verify the Communication Device MAC ADDRESS or SERIAL NUMBER and then click ENROLL THIS DEVICE.
- You will receive a confirmation message, SUCCESS: Your communication device has successfully be enrolled onto your generator.
ADD YOUR COMMUNCIATION DEVICE AT A LATER TIME
If you are adding the communication device at a later date. The same process applies but when you log onto Mobile Link you will be presented with your generator tile, and a message FINISH SETTING UP YOUR product which will bring return you to the process ENROLL A COMMUNICATION DEVICE.